- Cooking Time: 15 to 20
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil (or other vegetable oil)
- 4 cups bread flour
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. dry bread machine yeast
- Cornmeal for sprinkling on pan
- Place ingredients in the pan of your bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Process on "dough" cycle. After the bread has risen and cycle completed, punch it down and turn out onto a lightly floured surface.
- Shape into a long roll and cut off 16 pieces of dough. Roll each into a ball and place balls 1 to 1-1/2 inches apart on a parchment-lined sheet pan, which has been sprinkled with cornmeal.
- Spray tops of rolls with cooking spray and cover with plastic wrap and a clean kitchen towel. Allow to rise about 45 minutes, or until doubled in bulk.
- Spritz tops of rolls with water and place in a preheated 400 degree F. oven. Every 5 minutes or so, spritz the rolls again with water. Bake about 15-20 minutes until tops are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool on rack. If you want crusty rolls, do not cover them. If you place them in a plastic bag when cool, they will become soft.
- Makes 16 rolls
NotesThese are so easy and soooooo good...almost like bakery rolls. Hope you try them. Adapted it from a web post recipe.