BREAD BOAT WITH CRAB SPREAD
- 1 can (11 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated crusty French loaf
- 1 cup shredded Asiago cheese (4 oz)
- 1 package (3 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 small clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 can (14 oz) artichoke hearts, drained, chopped
- 1 can (6 oz) crabmeat, well drained
- 1 jar (2 oz) diced pimiento, drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Heat oven to 350°F.
Bake French loaf as directed on can.
Cool 30 minutes.
In medium microwavable bowl, mix remaining ingredients except parsley. Set aside.
Cut 1 inch from top of loaf.
Cut top into 1-inch pieces; place in serving basket.
With sharp knife, cut around inside of loaf, leaving 1/2-inch-thick sides.
Remove bread, leaving inside of loaf hollow.
Cut removed bread into 1-inch pieces; place in serving basket.
Microwave cream cheese mixture uncovered on Medium (50%) 3 to 4 minutes or until hot, stirring twice.
Spoon hot mixture into hollowed-out loaf. Sprinkle with parsley.
Serve spread with bread pieces and/or crackers.