- Cooking Time: 270
- Servings: 25
- Preparation Time: 15
- 32 oz. cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sherry or white wine
- 3 - 7 oz. cans clams, minced
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- dash salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 loaf shepherds bread
- Drain claims, reserving 3/4 cup of the juice. Combine juice with cheese, sherry, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese; beat until smooth.
- Add clams.
- Cut off top of shepherds bread. Hollow out bread, reserving the "insides" for dipping (tear into large chunks). Store pieces in ziploc plastic bag to keep soft and fresh until ready to serve.
- Place hollowed shell on cookie sheet and bake 1 1/2 hours at 200 Deg to harden.
- Then fill with clam dip, put previously cut top of bread back on, and wrap completely in foil. Bake 3 hours at 275 Deg.
- Serve warm with torn chunks of bread.
NotesThe picture is of a spinach dip; I couldn't find one for clam dip - but you get the general idea :)
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing Recipes
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
Broccoli/Bacon/Onion Salad LOW CARB
High-Protein Honey Wheat Bread
Sticky Pecan & Prune Pre-Workout BarsSee More