- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time: 15
- BREAD COATING MIX FOR CHICKEN, PORK CHOPS OR FISH
- 2 c. dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 c. flour
- 3 Tbsp. paprika
- 4 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. each: sugar, onion
- powder and ground oregano
- 1 tsp. ground red pepper
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 c. butter flavored solid shortening
- Mix dry ingredients well together. Cut in shortening until mixture
- is crumbly. Store in tightly covered container. Makes about
- 2-2/3 cups, enough for 4 chickens. Use about 2/3 cup per chicken.
- To Use: Dip chicken pieces into milk then into coating. Arrange in single layer in ungreased shallow baking dish. Bake in preheated 400 degrees oven for 50 to 60 minutes or until tender and brown. Use same method for coating pork chops or fish and bake until done.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Watt's Cooking in PA?
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!See More
Oatmeal-cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chicken with Roasted Lemon & Rosemary SauceSee More