- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time: 15
- BREAD COATING MIX FOR CHICKEN, PORK CHOPS OR FISH
- 2 c. dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 c. flour
- 3 Tbsp. paprika
- 4 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. each: sugar, onion
- powder and ground oregano
- 1 tsp. ground red pepper
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 c. butter flavored solid shortening
- Mix dry ingredients well together. Cut in shortening until mixture
- is crumbly. Store in tightly covered container. Makes about
- 2-2/3 cups, enough for 4 chickens. Use about 2/3 cup per chicken.
- To Use: Dip chicken pieces into milk then into coating. Arrange in single layer in ungreased shallow baking dish. Bake in preheated 400 degrees oven for 50 to 60 minutes or until tender and brown. Use same method for coating pork chops or fish and bake until done.