- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cups chopped onions
- 6 cups (packed) 3/4-inch cubes crustless country-style white bread (from one 1-pound loaf)
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds or 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup diced dried apricots (about 4 1/2 ounces)
- 1/2 cup pistachios (about 2 ounces)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup giblet broth or low-salt chicken broth
- Butter 8x8x2-inch glass baking dish.
- Melt 6 tablespoons butter in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and sautÃƒÂ© until translucent, about 8 minutes.
- Transfer to large bowl.
- Mix in bread cubes, pomegranate seeds, apricots, pistachios, mint, lemon peel, salt, and pepper.
- Add broth and toss to blend.
- Transfer to prepared dish.
- (Can be prepared 2 hours ahead.
- Let stand at room temperature.)
NotesI discovered this recipe in Bon Appetit, November, 2003 and have been faithfully making it every Fall (and for Thanksgiving!) since.
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Sailstad Family Cookbook
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"See More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More