- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cups chopped onions
- 6 cups (packed) 3/4-inch cubes crustless country-style white bread (from one 1-pound loaf)
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds or 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup diced dried apricots (about 4 1/2 ounces)
- 1/2 cup pistachios (about 2 ounces)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup giblet broth or low-salt chicken broth
- Butter 8x8x2-inch glass baking dish.
- Melt 6 tablespoons butter in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and sautÃƒÂ© until translucent, about 8 minutes.
- Transfer to large bowl.
- Mix in bread cubes, pomegranate seeds, apricots, pistachios, mint, lemon peel, salt, and pepper.
- Add broth and toss to blend.
- Transfer to prepared dish.
- (Can be prepared 2 hours ahead.
- Let stand at room temperature.)
NotesI discovered this recipe in Bon Appetit, November, 2003 and have been faithfully making it every Fall (and for Thanksgiving!) since.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
MetroCooking Texas 2013See More
Sauteed Spinach with Garlic: Julie & Julia
Red Cabbage and Apple Salad with Ginger Vinaigrette
Marly's Vegan Coconut CakeSee More