- Cooking Time: 40
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 10
- 100g Coconut Oil
- 140g Castor Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 140g Coconut (Medium shred )
- 100g Self Raising Flour
- 85ml Milk
- 5ml Baking Powder (optional if you don't trust your S.R. Flour)
- Juice and Zest of 1 large Lemon
- 50ml Lemon Juice
- 100g Sugar
- 85ml Water
- Cream the Coconut oil (or butter) until fluffy.
- Add the eggs, beating well after each addition.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix together.
- Spoon into your loaf pan
- Bake at 180°C for about 40mins until cooked through.
- Remove loaf from the pan
- Pour hot syrup over the cake while both are still hot.
- Place all the ingredients in a sauce pan over medium heat and boil for 2-3 minutes.