- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 jar apple sauce, approx. 2 cups (use the cheapest brand)
- 1 Tblsp reconstituted lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1 cups dark brown sugar
- Layer in pan in order.
- Put pan in machine.
- Select setting.
- While machine is working, wash the applesauce jar and dip it in boiling water.
- When cycle is finished, pour into sterile jar.
- There will be enough left over to taste.
- Cool on the counter for about 3 hours then refrigerate.
- Store in fridge up to 4 weeks.
NotesWhen fall and winter set in, I still like to have fresh jams and jellies.
These are a satisfying "fix" till the growing season begins again.
These instructions are for a Sunbeam Bread Maker.
The setting number is 11.
For a different brand, the setting should have steady controlled heat plus stir every few minutes.
Look for a specialty setting. (Jellies/Sauces)
The recipes can be doubled or trebled with a 2 pound loaf maker.