- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups whole milk (or 2 cups half & half)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2/3 cup sugar (white or brown, depending on taste preference)
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups bread, torn into small pieces (french bread works best)
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- 1. In medium saucepan, over medium heat, heat milk (or half & half) just until film forms over top. Combine butter and milk, stirring until butter is melted. Cool to lukewarm.
- 2. Combine sugar, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer at medium speed for 1 minute. Slowly add milk mixture.
- 3. Place bread in a lightly greased 1 1/2 quart casserole.
- 4. Sprinkle with raisins if desired. Pour batter on top of bread.
- 5. Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 to 50 minutes or until set. Serve warm.
- If you make the sauce to put on top of your bread pudding, adjust the sugar in the bread pudding recipe, change it to 1/3 cups sugar (the sauce has the other 1/3 cup in it).
Great Everyday Meals
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More