- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups whole milk (or 2 cups half & half)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2/3 cup sugar (white or brown, depending on taste preference)
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups bread, torn into small pieces (french bread works best)
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- 1. In medium saucepan, over medium heat, heat milk (or half & half) just until film forms over top. Combine butter and milk, stirring until butter is melted. Cool to lukewarm.
- 2. Combine sugar, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer at medium speed for 1 minute. Slowly add milk mixture.
- 3. Place bread in a lightly greased 1 1/2 quart casserole.
- 4. Sprinkle with raisins if desired. Pour batter on top of bread.
- 5. Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 to 50 minutes or until set. Serve warm.
- If you make the sauce to put on top of your bread pudding, adjust the sugar in the bread pudding recipe, change it to 1/3 cups sugar (the sauce has the other 1/3 cup in it).
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252See More
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Carrot cupcakes or muffensSee More