- Cooking Time: 25-35
- Servings: 14
- Preparation Time: 25
- 9 slices of white bread
- 1-1/4 cup sugar
- 1 13 oz.can evaporated milk
- 2 cups regular milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 8 egg yokes
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 4 egg whites
- Rum Sauce
- 1 cup carnation milk
- 1-cup fresh milk
- 1-cup sugar
- 1-1/2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 2 ozs. Rum
- 3 or 4 drops of food coloring
- Break bread in small pcs.
- Place in a mixing bowl with 1 cup of sugar, the evaporated milk, 2 cups of regular milk , vanilla, egg yokes & melted butter. mix well,
- pour into 10 x 8" baking pan.
- Bake @ 450 degs. for 15 minutes
- then remove & make meringue with egg whites beaten with 1/4 cup sugar until stiff.
- Cover pudding with meringue & rebake for 5 minutes .
- SERVE with rum sauce
- Rum Sauce
- In a double boiler put Carnation Milk, sugar & butter.
- Heat, When hot dissolved a little cornstarch mixed with water
- & the hot milk.
- Stir until thick.
- Remove from heat & add in the rum & food coloring
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Lau Family RecipesSee More
Pineapple-Black Bean Enchiladas
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Chicken RollupsSee More