- Cooking Time: 55–60
- Servings: 15
- Preparation Time: 20
- 4 cups day old white or French bread cubes, crusts removed
- ½ cup seedless raisins
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- 8 eggs
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 3 cups half and half
- 1½ tsp vanilla
- Sweetened whip cream
- Arrange bread cubes and raisins in buttered 1½ quart or casserole dish and drizzle with butter.
- Combine eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt, beat slightly.
- Dissolve sugar in half and half and add to eggs in fine stream, stirring constantly.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Pour over bread cubes and bake in moderate oven at 350° F for 55 to 60 minutes, or until a silver knife inserted into center comes out clean.
- Serve slightly warm or chilled, plain or with sweetened whipped cream.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
DIY Tasty Gift Ideas
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"See More
Cordelia's Pound CakeSee More