- Cooking Time: 55–60
- Servings: 15
- Preparation Time: 20
- 4 cups day old white or French bread cubes, crusts removed
- ½ cup seedless raisins
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- 8 eggs
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 3 cups half and half
- 1½ tsp vanilla
- Sweetened whip cream
- Arrange bread cubes and raisins in buttered 1½ quart or casserole dish and drizzle with butter.
- Combine eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt, beat slightly.
- Dissolve sugar in half and half and add to eggs in fine stream, stirring constantly.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Pour over bread cubes and bake in moderate oven at 350° F for 55 to 60 minutes, or until a silver knife inserted into center comes out clean.
- Serve slightly warm or chilled, plain or with sweetened whipped cream.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing Recipes
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal HelpingsSee More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More