- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryBread Pudding...my new obsession. I believe it has something to do with the fact that Asian people don't make it (or at least my mom didn't and has no idea what it is). I don't think I even had it until I was much older. And now...I'm obsessed. I didn't realize how easy it was to make. This is sort of an amalgamation of different recipes I've found but that seems to work and is quite easy.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups milk (whole milk is best)
- 4 1 inch slices of cinnamon-raisin bread (cubed or broken up)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Cube or break up bread and place in 13x9 pan.
- Beat the eggs, add sugar and milk to mixture.
- Pour egg/milk/sugar mixture into pan with bread and mix.
- Add vanilla and cinnamon.
- Bake at 325 for an hour and 15 minutes to an hour and a half.
- Use any topping you wish: I used a caramel topping. I would think a basic cinnamon bun icing would be good on this as well (but I have to figure out how to make that one as of yet!).