- Cooking Time: 65 to 70
- Servings: 8 to 10
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb. (16oz. loaf) French bread
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 3 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 1 1/2 c. Hain* sugar
- 1/4 tsp. grated nutmeg
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 3 c. cold Rice Dream* Vanilla
- 1/2 c. raisins
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Spray 13"x 9" baking dish with nonstick vegetable oil.
- Tear bread into 1 inch pieces and place in baking dish.
- Mix beaten eggs, egg yolks, butter and 1 1/4 cups sugar in large bowl.
- Put remaining 1/4 cup sugar aside.
- Add nutmeg, cinnamon and Rice Dream to mixture, whisking until well blended.
- Stir in raisins.
- Pour mixture over bread then pat bread and raisins gently into mixture to coat and prevent burning.
- Let set for 10 min. so bread can absorb mixture.
- Cover baking dish with foil.
- Bake 35 min. Remove foil and sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake uncovered for another 30- 40 min., or until top is golden brown and pudding puffs.
- Serve warm. Dollop non dairy topping if desired.
- Serves 8-10.
NotesThis recipe is on the side of Rice Dream (Rice Drink box )(vanilla). I have not tried it yet but I am going too. I have not been using this drink very long....I was using soy milk, but found out that if you were on thyroid medication, that soy milk interferes with the med. So I had to change.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!See More
Cherry Chip Cheesecake BarsSee More