- Cooking Time: 65 to 70
- Servings: 8 to 10
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis recipe is on the side of Rice Dream (Rice Drink box )(vanilla). I have not tried it yet but I am going too. I have not been using this drink very long....I was using soy milk, but found out that if you were on thyroid medication, that soy milk interferes with the med. So I had to change.
- 1 lb. (16oz. loaf) French bread
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 3 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 1 1/2 c. Hain* sugar
- 1/4 tsp. grated nutmeg
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 3 c. cold Rice Dream* Vanilla
- 1/2 c. raisins
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Spray 13"x 9" baking dish with nonstick vegetable oil.
- Tear bread into 1 inch pieces and place in baking dish.
- Mix beaten eggs, egg yolks, butter and 1 1/4 cups sugar in large bowl.
- Put remaining 1/4 cup sugar aside.
- Add nutmeg, cinnamon and Rice Dream to mixture, whisking until well blended.
- Stir in raisins.
- Pour mixture over bread then pat bread and raisins gently into mixture to coat and prevent burning.
- Let set for 10 min. so bread can absorb mixture.
- Cover baking dish with foil.
- Bake 35 min. Remove foil and sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake uncovered for another 30- 40 min., or until top is golden brown and pudding puffs.
- Serve warm. Dollop non dairy topping if desired.
- Serves 8-10.