- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryGreat bread sticks to eat with a pasta meal. My mother gave me this recipe.
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 tbl cold water
- 1 can (11 oz) refrigerated breadstick dough
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 2 baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray. Combine Parmesan cheese, oregano, basil, and pepper in a small bowl. Mix well and set aside. Beat egg white with cold water; set aside.
- 2. Unroll breadstick dough; separate along perforation lines.
- 3. Cut each dough strip in half lengthwise to make two separate strips, each about ½ inch thick.
- 4. Pat half of cheese and herb mixture onto dough strips, pressing firmly to adhere.
- 5. Twist each strip of dough on baking sheet to form bread twist. Brush twists with each egg mixture; sprinkle twists with remaining cheese and herb mixture. Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.