- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 25-30 medium-sized cucumbers
- 8 large, sweet peppers
- ½ cup salt
- 5 cups cider vinegar
- 5 cups sugar (or 2 ½ lbs)
- 2 tbsp mustard seed
- 1 tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp cloves
- Wash cucumbers and slice thin.
- Chop onions and peppers, combine with cucumbers and salt. Let stand 3 hours and then drain.
- Combine vinegar, sugar, and spices in large preserving kettle and bring to boil, add drained cucumber, heat thoroughly but do not boil.
- Pack while hot into sterilized jars and seal.
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.See More
Grilled Pepper Poppers
Easy Walnut Chocolate Rum Balls
blessing mixSee More