- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 25-30 medium-sized cucumbers
- 8 large, sweet peppers
- ½ cup salt
- 5 cups cider vinegar
- 5 cups sugar (or 2 ½ lbs)
- 2 tbsp mustard seed
- 1 tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp cloves
- Wash cucumbers and slice thin.
- Chop onions and peppers, combine with cucumbers and salt. Let stand 3 hours and then drain.
- Combine vinegar, sugar, and spices in large preserving kettle and bring to boil, add drained cucumber, heat thoroughly but do not boil.
- Pack while hot into sterilized jars and seal.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Sailstad Family Cookbook
culinary karmaSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More