- Cooking Time: 40minutes
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 40minutes
- 50g Soft Butter
- 10 Slices of White Bread, cut diagonally
- 50g Raisins
- 1/4tsp Cinnamon
- 350mls Milk
- 50ml Double Cream
- 2 Large Free Range Eggs
- 25g Sugar
- 1tsp Vanilla Extract
- Heat the oven to 180°
- Grease a 1 litre pie dish with a little of the butter, spread each of the bread triangles with butter.
- Cover the base of the pie dish with overlapping triangles of bread butter side up.
- Sprinkle half the raisins evenly over the bread, then sprinkle with a little cinnamon.
- Repeatthis layer one more time or until the dish is filled, finishing with raisins on the top.
- In a saucepan gently heat the milk, DO NOT BOIL.
- In alarge baking bowl beat the eggs with 3/4 sugar and the vanilla extract until light, airy and pale in colour.
- Pour the warm milk over the eggs and continue beating until all the milk is added.
- Pour this mixture over the bread evenly.
- Gebtly press the surface with your hand to press the bread into the liquid.
- Sprinkle the remaining sugar over the surface then leave to one side for 30 minutes.
- Bake the pudding in the oven for 40-45 minutes, until the surface is golden brown and the pudding is well risen. Serve Hot
NotesAnother old family one, this reminds me of being younger and coming home to smell this wafting from the kitchen!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Recipes for Vitality
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El JefeSee More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More