- Cooking Time: 40minutes
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 40minutes
BackstoryAnother old family one, this reminds me of being younger and coming home to smell this wafting from the kitchen!
- 50g Soft Butter
- 10 Slices of White Bread, cut diagonally
- 50g Raisins
- 1/4tsp Cinnamon
- 350mls Milk
- 50ml Double Cream
- 2 Large Free Range Eggs
- 25g Sugar
- 1tsp Vanilla Extract
- Heat the oven to 180°
- Grease a 1 litre pie dish with a little of the butter, spread each of the bread triangles with butter.
- Cover the base of the pie dish with overlapping triangles of bread butter side up.
- Sprinkle half the raisins evenly over the bread, then sprinkle with a little cinnamon.
- Repeatthis layer one more time or until the dish is filled, finishing with raisins on the top.
- In a saucepan gently heat the milk, DO NOT BOIL.
- In alarge baking bowl beat the eggs with 3/4 sugar and the vanilla extract until light, airy and pale in colour.
- Pour the warm milk over the eggs and continue beating until all the milk is added.
- Pour this mixture over the bread evenly.
- Gebtly press the surface with your hand to press the bread into the liquid.
- Sprinkle the remaining sugar over the surface then leave to one side for 30 minutes.
- Bake the pudding in the oven for 40-45 minutes, until the surface is golden brown and the pudding is well risen. Serve Hot