- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/2 pound (about 1/2 bunch) asparagus, woody ends snapped off and discarded, spears sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Oil the bottom and sides of an 8-inch-square baking dish with a tablespoon of the olive oil and set aside. Heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet.
- Add carrots and zucchini and cook, stirring often, until the vegetables are fragrant and starting to brown, about 5 minutes. Add asparagus and cook for 3 to 5 more minutes, until asparagus is starting to become tender. Transfer vegetables to a large bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs with garlic, cheese and bread crumbs. Whisk in salt, pepper and parsley. Pour egg mixture over the vegetables and stir to combine.
- Pour into prepared baking dish and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until firm.
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2014
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and AppetisersSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More