- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: lots
- Preparation Time:
- 1 baguette, cut into 1/4"slices
- Olive Oil to drizzle on bread
- 2 - 3 cloves of garlic to rub on bread
- 1/2 lb Italian sausage, casings removed and crumbled
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 minced garlic clove
- pepper to taste
- 3 roma tomatoes, diced
- 8 eggs, beaten
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 3 or 4 fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
- Your favorite Sabra Hummus flavor(s) (I used roasted red pepper and roasted garlic cuz I couldn't decide which one I wanted).
- To toast the baguette slices I drizzled the slices with olive oil then stuck a grill grate over my stove flame and toasted them over the open flame (of course you can stick them in a hot oven and toast them on a cookie sheet). Then I rubbed fresh garlic over one side of each slice of toast. Once those were done I set them aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350' F.
- Heat an oven safe skillet over medium heat. Drizzle a bit of oil in there. Cook your crumbled sausage in the pan until no longer pink. Remove from pan (drain if necessary) and set aside.
- Add a bit more oil and saute the zucchini and onion until just tender. Then add some pepper, Italian seasoning and garlic. Saute for another minute or so.
- Remove the seasoned vegetables from the pan and set aside with the sausage. Clean out the pan and heat some oil and / or butter.
- In a good sized bowl, combine the sausage, veggies and eggs. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour into your warm skillet. Top with the diced tomatoes, cheeses and basil.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until the center is set...I cut the center a little to make sure it was cooked through
- Spread the toasted baguette slices with your hummus and top with a scoop of egg and chow down!
NotesI love me some bruschetta.
I love me some hummus.
I've made variations of both but I don't think (although I could be wrong) I've combined the two before. When I received a coupon through the Tastemakers Program for a free tub of Sabra hummus....(which I absolutely love), that's exactly what I did....in breakfast form.