- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI got this recipe from Top Secret Recipe for McDonald's breakfast burritos and it's one of my favorite and so simple.
- 4 ounces breakfast sausage
- 1 tablespoon minced white onion
- 1/2 tablespoon minced mild green chilis (canned)
- 4 eggs, beaten
- ground black pepper
- 4 8-inch flour tortillas
- 4 slices american cheese
- Preheat skillet over medium heat. Crumble sausage into the pan and add the onion. Saute for about 4 minutes or until sausage is browned.
- Add the green chilis and continue to saute for 1 minute.
- Pour the beaten eggs into the pan and scramble with the sausage, onion & chilis. Add a dash of salt & pepper.
- Heat up tortilla by steaming in microwave in moist paper towels for about 20 seconds.
- Break each slice of cheese in half and position two halves end-to-end in the middle of tortilla.
- Spoon 1/4 of the egg filling onto the cheese. Fold one side of the tortilla over the filling, then
- fold up about 2 inches of one end. Fold over other side to complete burrito.
- Serve Hot with salsa, if desired (if was extremely tasty without the salsa).