- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 ounces breakfast sausage
- 1 tablespoon minced white onion
- 1/2 tablespoon minced mild green chilis (canned)
- 4 eggs, beaten
- ground black pepper
- 4 8-inch flour tortillas
- 4 slices american cheese
- Preheat skillet over medium heat. Crumble sausage into the pan and add the onion. Saute for about 4 minutes or until sausage is browned.
- Add the green chilis and continue to saute for 1 minute.
- Pour the beaten eggs into the pan and scramble with the sausage, onion & chilis. Add a dash of salt & pepper.
- Heat up tortilla by steaming in microwave in moist paper towels for about 20 seconds.
- Break each slice of cheese in half and position two halves end-to-end in the middle of tortilla.
- Spoon 1/4 of the egg filling onto the cheese. Fold one side of the tortilla over the filling, then
- fold up about 2 inches of one end. Fold over other side to complete burrito.
- Serve Hot with salsa, if desired (if was extremely tasty without the salsa).
NotesI got this recipe from Top Secret Recipe for McDonald's breakfast burritos and it's one of my favorite and so simple.