- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 1 lb bulk sausage, cooked (or crumbled links)
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa (your choice of heat)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 24 flour tortillas (you can also use whole wheat)
- 1 green pepper, finely diced (optional)
- 6 potatoes, shredded and fried until cooked through (optional) or 6 hash browns (optional)
- jalapeno, slices (optional)
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies (optional)
- 1 -2 garlic clove, finely minced (optional)
- 1 onion, finely diced (optional)
- 1 tomato, peeled and chopped (optional)
- 2 green onions, sliced with tops (optional)
- 1. Scramble eggs in large skillet until done; stir in cooked sausage and salsa.
- 2. Warm tortillas in microwave 20-30 seconds or until warm and flexible.
- 3. Place 1/2 cup egg mixture into tortilla; roll burrito-style.
- 4. Freeze burritos in single layer on lightly greased cookie sheet.
- 5. When fully frozen, wrap burritos individually; place wrapped burritos in large zip-top freezer bags; freeze.
- 6. TO SERVE: Unwrap burritos from foil or plastic wrap that you used for freezing.
- 7. Wrap in a paper towel.
- 8. Cook in microwave until heated through (about 2 minutes).
- 9. Or thaw burritos (remove plastic wrap if used in freezing), wrap burritos in foil, and bake at 350 degrees for ten minutes.
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!See More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More