- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 1 lb bulk sausage, cooked (or crumbled links)
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa (your choice of heat)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 24 flour tortillas (you can also use whole wheat)
- 1 green pepper, finely diced (optional)
- 6 potatoes, shredded and fried until cooked through (optional) or 6 hash browns (optional)
- jalapeno, slices (optional)
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies (optional)
- 1 -2 garlic clove, finely minced (optional)
- 1 onion, finely diced (optional)
- 1 tomato, peeled and chopped (optional)
- 2 green onions, sliced with tops (optional)
- 1. Scramble eggs in large skillet until done; stir in cooked sausage and salsa.
- 2. Warm tortillas in microwave 20-30 seconds or until warm and flexible.
- 3. Place 1/2 cup egg mixture into tortilla; roll burrito-style.
- 4. Freeze burritos in single layer on lightly greased cookie sheet.
- 5. When fully frozen, wrap burritos individually; place wrapped burritos in large zip-top freezer bags; freeze.
- 6. TO SERVE: Unwrap burritos from foil or plastic wrap that you used for freezing.
- 7. Wrap in a paper towel.
- 8. Cook in microwave until heated through (about 2 minutes).
- 9. Or thaw burritos (remove plastic wrap if used in freezing), wrap burritos in foil, and bake at 350 degrees for ten minutes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The NourishFull Kitchen
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie TreatsSee More
GLUTEN-FREE FLOUR BLEND
Peanut Butter Cups
White Chocolate and Cranberry CookiesSee More