- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 1/2 Cups of all purpose four
- 3 1/2 Teaspoons baking powder
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 Cups milk
- 1 Egg
- 3 Tablespoons butter (melted)
- Healthy Substitutes:
- *Instead of all purpose flour try 1 1/4 Cups Whole wheat flour & 1/2 cup of bran OR
- try 1 1/2 Cups of Buckwheat flour.
- *Instead of low fat or 2% milk substitute for Fat free milk
- *Instead of 1 egg substitute for 1/4 a cup egg whites
- Delicious toppings:
- Agave syrup
- Blueberries & bananas
- Raw Honey
- Blackberry Jam (melted)
- Chopped almonds or walnuts (roasted)
- In one large bowl mix all dry products. This includes flour, sugar, baking powder, & salt. Sift together until mixed smoothly. Dig hole in center with spoon to create a well.
- In smaller bowl mix egg, milk, & butter. Once mixed smoothly together, pour the mixture in the center of the large bowl. Mixing continuously until mix is smooth.
- Turn on griddle (lightly buttered) on medium heat. To make smaller pancakes use 1/4 cup of mix & for larger use 1/2 cup of mix. Cook 2 minutes on each side or until both sides are golden brown.
NotesThis recipe was created one day when my lovely boyfriend was craving a sweet pancake. Unfortunately, we did not have a box of Betty Crocker mix to whip up so I decided to get creative with the ingredients we had. These pancakes came out fluffy & delicious & were a big hit with my man.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSWSee More
Roasted Pepper Potato Soup
Oven Crispy FriesSee More