- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 1/2 Cups of all purpose four
- 3 1/2 Teaspoons baking powder
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 Cups milk
- 1 Egg
- 3 Tablespoons butter (melted)
- Healthy Substitutes:
- *Instead of all purpose flour try 1 1/4 Cups Whole wheat flour & 1/2 cup of bran OR
- try 1 1/2 Cups of Buckwheat flour.
- *Instead of low fat or 2% milk substitute for Fat free milk
- *Instead of 1 egg substitute for 1/4 a cup egg whites
- Delicious toppings:
- Agave syrup
- Blueberries & bananas
- Raw Honey
- Blackberry Jam (melted)
- Chopped almonds or walnuts (roasted)
- In one large bowl mix all dry products. This includes flour, sugar, baking powder, & salt. Sift together until mixed smoothly. Dig hole in center with spoon to create a well.
- In smaller bowl mix egg, milk, & butter. Once mixed smoothly together, pour the mixture in the center of the large bowl. Mixing continuously until mix is smooth.
- Turn on griddle (lightly buttered) on medium heat. To make smaller pancakes use 1/4 cup of mix & for larger use 1/2 cup of mix. Cook 2 minutes on each side or until both sides are golden brown.
NotesThis recipe was created one day when my lovely boyfriend was craving a sweet pancake. Unfortunately, we did not have a box of Betty Crocker mix to whip up so I decided to get creative with the ingredients we had. These pancakes came out fluffy & delicious & were a big hit with my man.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MetroCooking Texas 2013
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Steamed trout with ginger and spring onions
Buttery Pull-Apart Bread
Ham & Cheese Roll UpsSee More