- 1 pound bulk sweet sausage
- 1 pound bulk hot sausage
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 10 eggs, scrambled
- 2 loaves frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 pound shredded mozzarella cheese
- caraway, sesame, or dill seeds (optional)
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Crumble sausage meats and brown.
In a separate pan saute chopped peppers and onion. Mix together sausage meats, peppers, and onion.
Add cooked scrambled eggs.
Roll each thawed bread dough into rectangle about 3/4 inch thick. Place filling on rolled-out dough. Sprinkle with cheese.
Roll up jelly-roll fashion.
Place seam side down on cookie sheet.
Bake for 35 minutes, until brown and crusty.
Top may be sprinkled with caraway, sesame, or dill seeds. Slice and serve hot.