- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cans crescent rolls
- 7 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 pounds sausage
- Parmesan cheese (a few sprinkles)
- 1 1/2 pounds cheddar cheese, shredded
- Bown and drain the sausage, crumbling it as it cooks.
- Mix together the sausage and the cheese in a bowl. Set aside.
- Unroll one can of crescent rolls. Leave it in one long strip, pressing the perforations together. Press this on the bottom of a 9x12 pan which has been sprayed with Pam.
- Spread the sausage and cheese mixture on top of the crescent rolls.
- In a bowl beat six whole eggs plus one yolk with the 1/4 cup milk, (saving the one egg white).
- Season the eggs lightly with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the egg mixture over the sausage and cheese. Sprinkle lightly with Parmesan cheese.
- Unroll the 2nd can of crescent rolls, again leaving it as one strip. Place it on top of the casserole and brush it with the reserved egg white. (This is what makes the crust come out so golden and shiny).
- The casserole can be refrigerated at this point (I do it overnight) until ready for baking.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
A Falcon Feast
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More