- Cooking Time: 20-25 minutes
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryIf you have cereal that no one is eating, throw it in these muffins!
- 1 egg
- 1/4 Cup oil
- 1/2 Cup milk
- 1/4 Cup honey
- 1 Cup flour
- 1/4 Cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 Tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 Cups cereal (we used Life. Other suggestions are raisin bran, corn flakes, rice crispies, all bran)
- 1 Cup chocolate chips (optional)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350F (176C)
- 2. Grease or line 12 muffin tins
- 3. Beat eggs then whisk together with oil,milk, and honey
- 4. In a different bowl combine the dry ingredients: flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and cereal.
- 5. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until flour is moist (batter will be lumpy). Then add chocolate chips.
- 6. Fill muffin tins 2/3 full with batter
- 7. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and toothpick comes out clean
- 8. Remove from tin and let cool