BREAKFAST EGG AND BEAN BURRITOS
Breakfast Egg and Bean Burritos
- Cooking Time: 5
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 can (16 ounces) maple-cured, bacon-baked beans or other smoky-baked beans
- 6 large eggs
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 6 strips cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 6 (7- to 8-inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- Canned salsa or ketchup, optional
Heat the beans in a small saucepan until heated through; keep warm.
In a medium bowl, beat the eggs with salt and pepper.
Melt the butter in a 10-inch, non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add the eggs and sprinkle with the bacon and green onions. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the eggs are softly cooked.
Divide the egg mixture into 6 parts, and spoon one part into each tortilla. Top each with 1/4 cup beans and 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon cheese. Fold in the ends and roll up the burritos. Serve with salsa, if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving: Calories 390; Total fat 16g; Saturated fat 7g; Cholesterol 235mg; Sodium 920mg; Total carbohydrate 43g; Fiber 6g; Protein 18g; Vitamin A 8%DV*; Vitamin C 2%DV; Calcium 15%DV; Iron 20%DV
* Daily Value