- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryA unique dish to add to your next brunch menu
- 1 pound cooked turkey italian sausage, chopped
- 3/4 cup sliced green onions
- 3/4 cup chopped green bell peppers
- 3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 10 (7 inch) flour tortillas
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups fat free half & half
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Hot sauce to taste
- Saute green onions & peppers in a skillet with 1 tbsp oil.
- In a bowl, mix together sausage, green onions & peppers. Spoon a small amount of the mixture with some cheddar into each tortilla & roll up placking them, seam side down into a 9x13 baking dish that has been greased.
- In a medium bowl, mix together eggs, half & half, and milk, flour, and hot sauce. Pour egg mixture over tortillas. Cover, refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350. Bake, uncovered for 50 to 60 minutes, or until set. Top with remaining 1 cup shredded cheese. Bake until cheese melts. Let stand a least 10 minutes before serving.