- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced peaches in juice
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons whipped light cream cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 12 whole-grain mini-pancakes, mini-waffles or French toast fingers, warm
- Combine peaches, maple syrup, cream cheese, vanilla and cinnamon in a blender or food processor, and with an adult watching purée on high until smooth. It’s okay if there are a few lumps of cream cheese showing; they will disappear when you cook the peach mixture in the next step.
- Pour the mixture into a pot. If you are allowed to use the stove, warm it over medium- high heat, stirring often, until the cream cheese melts and the sauce is bubbling around the edges. If you aren’t allowed to use the stove, have an adult help you.
- Serve in a big bowl surrounded by whole-grain pancakes, waffles or French toast fingers, or a combination, for dipping. Use your fingers to dip, but remember, no double-dipping. Serving Size: 1/2-cup fondue; 3 whole-grain mini-pancakes, mini-waffles or French toast fingers
NotesDon’t let your slumber party slumber through breakfast. Wake up those sleepy palates with a breakfast fondue. Easy and nourishing, the simple fruit sauce can be whipped up in minutes, and you will be wowed by how much kids will eat of this delicious and nutritious dip once they start dunking. Serve it with whole-grain, silver-dollar-size pancakes, quartered waffles and/or French toast fingers.
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"See More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More