- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Country ham slices
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1/2 cup water for gravy
- 2 Tbsp cornsarch
- Cut slits in edges of ham to prevent curling as ham cooks.
- Add 2 – 3 Tablespoons of oil to skillet and heat. Add ham in a single layer to the hot oil. Cook over medium heat, turning so that ham cooks and browns on both sides.
- Repeat the process as needed until all of the ham is cooked, adding more oil if needed.
- When all of the ham has been cooked and removed to a serving dish, pour 1/4 cup water into the skillet and bring to a boil. Boil for a minute, scraping up the bits that have stuck to the bottom of the pan. Stir in cornstarch/water mixture. Continue stirring until thickened. Salt & Pepper to taste.
- Pour over the ham and serve.