- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups ham (chopped)
- 1 cup onions (chopped) or
- 1 8 oz tub onion/chive sour cream dip
- 16 ounces frozen chopped broccoli or frozen spinach, thawed and patted dry (optional)
- 3 cups frozen hash browns or 2 medium potatoes shredded
- 8 ounces (2%) cheddar cheese
- 1 cup Bisquick or favorite pancake/baking mix
- 2 cups (skim) milk
- 1 cup egg substitute or 2 whole eggs
- Mix 1st 4 ingredients and 1 1/2 cups of cheese.
- Put into a 13 x 9 pan.
- Mix bisquick and egg sub. Pour in greased casserole dish.
- Bake uncovered for 40 mins, remove from oven. Sprinkle with cheese and bake an additional 2 to 3 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve by cutting into squares and plating. This is a savory dish however, some people serve with ketchup and others with syrup and/or a dusting of confectioner's sugar.
- By changing the cheese, milk and eggs, you can significantly decrease the unhealthy fats and cholesterol in this recipe without sacrificing much of the flavor at all. If you do this version, also be sure to use a fat-free or fat-reduced dip.
NotesAdapted from an old Bisquick box recipe, I adore this fast and easy recipe for a fab brunch that seemingly took you forever to make - not!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More