- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 cans Cream of Corn
- 2 cups Corn - frozen whole kernel
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 10 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Gallanggal powder*
- 2 teaspoons Coriander
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cannola oil for frying
- Mix all ingredients except oil in a large bowl to form a cake like batter.
- If batter is too thin, add more flour; if batter is too thick than add a little low fat milk.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan and spoon batter forming 4 inch round cakes.
- Fry fritters on both sides until golden brown.
- This recipe makes about 24 fritters.
- Can be purchased at your local Oriental market such as 99 Ranch markets
NotesThe following is one of my wife's favorite recipes, and I always make them when preparing an Indonesian dinner.
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & SmoothiesSee More
Affy Taffy Pie by Molly Heron
Raspberry Poppy Seed Dressing
Chicken TetrazziniSee More