- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1-1/3 cups (8-oz. pkg.) HEATH BITS 'O BRICKLE Toffee Bits, divided
- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 container (8 oz.) dairy sour cream
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- POWDERED SUGAR GLAZE(recipe follows)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 12-cup fluted tube pan or 10-inch tube pan. Set aside 1/4 cup toffee bits for topping. Combine remaining toffee bits, 1/4 cup sugar, walnuts and cinnamon; set aside.
- Beat remaining 1 cup sugar and 1/2 cup butter in large bowl until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, alternately with sour cream, beating until blended. Beat 3 minutes. Spoon one-third of the batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle with half of toffee mixture. Spoon half of remaining batter into pan. Top with remaining toffee mixture. Spoon remaining batter into pan. Pour melted butter over batter.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely.
- Prepare glaze; drizzle over cake. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup toffee bits over top. 12 to 14 servings.
- POWDERED SUGAR GLAZE: Combine 1 cup powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon milk and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract. Add additional milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, until of drizzling consistency. About 1/2 cup glaze.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Sharing Christmas with Friends
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Delicious Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
Steamed vegetables saladSee More