- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1-1/3 cups (8-oz. pkg.) HEATH BITS 'O BRICKLE Toffee Bits, divided
- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 container (8 oz.) dairy sour cream
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- POWDERED SUGAR GLAZE:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 12-cup fluted tube pan or 10-inch tube pan. Set aside 1/4 cup toffee bits for topping. Combine remaining toffee bits, 1/4 cup sugar, walnuts and cinnamon; set aside.
- Beat remaining 1 cup sugar and 1/2 cup butter in large bowl until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, alternately with sour cream, beating until blended. Beat 3 minutes. Spoon one-third of the batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle with half of toffee mixture. Spoon half of remaining batter into pan. Top with remaining toffee mixture. Spoon remaining batter into pan. Pour melted butter over batter.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely.
- Prepare glaze; drizzle over cake. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup toffee bits over top. 12 to 14 servings.
- POWDERED SUGAR GLAZE: Combine 1 cup powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon milk and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract. Add additional milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, until of drizzling consistency. About 1/2 cup glaze.
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Fueling a FirehouseSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More