- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 cup 1/3-inch dice peeled cored pineapple
- 1 cup 1/3-inch dice peeled pitted mango
- 1 cup 1/3-inch dice peeled seeded papaya
- 1/2 cup 1/3-inch dice red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 serrano chile, minced, with seeds
- Butter, room temperature
- 8 8-inch flour tortillas
- 1 pound chilled Brie, rind trimmed, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 24 fresh cilantro sprigs
- 1 cup Candied Maple Walnuts
- Candied Maple Walnuts:
- 1 cup walnut halves
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- FOR SALSA: Toss all ingredients in large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- (Can be made 3 hours ahead).
- Cover; chill.
- FOR CANDIED MAPLE WALNUTS: Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Line rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Combine walnuts and maple syrup in medium bowl; toss to coat.
- Spread out nuts on sheet.
- Bake until browned and dry, stirring often, about 22 minutes.
- Remove foil.
- Coarsley chop nuts.
- (Can be made 3 days ahead. Store airtight at room temperature.)
- FOR QUESADILLAS: Butter tortillas on 1 side; place buttered side down on large rimmed baking sheet.
- Top half of each tortilla with cheese, cilantro springs, and nuts.
- Fold tortillas in half; press lightly.
- (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover; chill.)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Working in batches, cook tortillas in heavy large skillet over medium heat until golden and cheese melts, about 1 minute per side.
- Transfer to baking sheet.
- Keep warm in oven.
- Cut each into 3 wedges and serve with salsa.
NotesRecipe courtesy of Bon Appetit, May, 2003
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary CookbookSee More
Pineapple-Black Bean Enchiladas
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Chicken RollupsSee More