Brie with Mushroom and Carmelized Onion spread
Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
2 large sweet onions, sliced fairly thin then cut in half
2 portabella mushrooms, stems discarded and gills scraped out
1 round of plain Brie cheese
A little salt
1 frozen pie shell, folded
1. Heat olive oil and butter in a skillet over medium heat; add sliced onions and sauté until a medium- brown color. Add sliced mushrooms and sauté for 15 minutes, stirring often, or until soft and browned. Remove onions and mushrooms and lay them on 2 to 3 paper towels to drain well, spreading them out.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
3. Remove frozen pie shell from package and let stand for 10 minutes until you can easily remove the paper.
4. Lightly flour two paper towels then lay crust on them; sprinkle crust with a little flour (plus some on a rolling pin) and roll out about 1-inch wider than original size.
5. Put crust in center of a cookie sheet then pile onion and mushroom mixture in center of crust, leaving a wide rim of pastry. Place Brie in center of mixture then carefully pull crust up over Brie, completely covering the top; crimp edges together. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes to “set;” otherwise, cheese will be runny.
6. Transfer to serving plate and serve warm with wafer-type crackers (plain type).
Questions, Comments & Reviews
More Great Recipes: Appetizer