- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- ½ C butter
- 1 ¼ C sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 C flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ C milk
- 2 ½ C fresh blueberries
- Zest of one large lemon
- Sanding sugar
- Preheat oven to 375F
- In a large bowl cream butter & white sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time and mix in.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add flour mixture alternating w/milk.
- Mash ½ C blueberries and mix into batter along with lemon zest.
- Stir in remaining blueberries.
- Fill muffin cups and sprinkle with sanding sugar.
- Bake at 375F for 20 minutes or until pick comes out dry.
NotesI call these bright blueberry muffins, because the lemon zest makes them taste so fresh! They brighten your mood!