Bright Garlic and Red chilli Chutney
Dry red chillies, 20 nos, stalk and seeds removed as much as possible
Garlic cloves, 20 nos
Fresh lemon juice, 1 tbsp
Cumin powder, 1 tsp
Salt, 1 tbsp
Water, 3 tbsp
1. Bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a pan.
2. Add the dried red chillies to the boiling water and let them cook for a minute.
3. Drain the chillies in a strainer and dip in cold water so as to stop its cooking.
4. Drain the chillies well discarding the water.
5. Blend together the cooked chillies, garlic, cumin powder, salt and lemon juice to form a smooth paste.
6. Add water if required to assist in blending.
Pairs Well With
This recipe is from the streets of Mumbai, India. They usually serve a snack called Bhel Puri wherein they mix 3 different types of chutneys. One is sweet, one is herby and this one is spicy.
You can have this chutney as a dip or spread on a toast.