- Cooking Time: 8 - 10
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 4 - 6 hours
- 4 bone-in pork rib chops, each about 1" thick
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp kosher salt
- 3 tbsp light brown sugar
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
- Pour 1 cup of hot water into a medium bowl and add the salt and sugar.
- Whisk until dissolved.
- Add 2 cups of cold water along with the remaining brine ingredients.
- Place the pork chops in a large ziplock bag and pour in the brine.
- Press the air out of the bag and seal tightly.
- Turn the bag to distribute the brine, place the bag in a bowl and refigerate for 4 - 6 hours.
- Remove the chops from the bag and pat dry with paper towels.
- Discard the brine.
- Lightly brush both sides of the chops with oil.
- Allow the chops to stand at room temperature for 15 - 20 minutes before grilling.
- Prepare the grill for direct cooking over medium heat. (350F - 450F)
- Brush the cooking grates clean.
- Grill the chops over direct medium heat with the lid closed as much as possible until barely pink in the center, 8 - 10 minutes, turning once or twice.
- Remove from the grill and let rest for 3 - 5 minutes.
- Serve warm.
NotesFrom Weber's Real Grilling by Jamie Purviance
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More