- Cooking Time: 8 - 10
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 4 - 6 hours
- 4 bone-in pork rib chops, each about 1" thick
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp kosher salt
- 3 tbsp light brown sugar
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
- Pour 1 cup of hot water into a medium bowl and add the salt and sugar.
- Whisk until dissolved.
- Add 2 cups of cold water along with the remaining brine ingredients.
- Place the pork chops in a large ziplock bag and pour in the brine.
- Press the air out of the bag and seal tightly.
- Turn the bag to distribute the brine, place the bag in a bowl and refigerate for 4 - 6 hours.
- Remove the chops from the bag and pat dry with paper towels.
- Discard the brine.
- Lightly brush both sides of the chops with oil.
- Allow the chops to stand at room temperature for 15 - 20 minutes before grilling.
- Prepare the grill for direct cooking over medium heat. (350F - 450F)
- Brush the cooking grates clean.
- Grill the chops over direct medium heat with the lid closed as much as possible until barely pink in the center, 8 - 10 minutes, turning once or twice.
- Remove from the grill and let rest for 3 - 5 minutes.
- Serve warm.
NotesFrom Weber's Real Grilling by Jamie Purviance
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!See More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More