BRIOCHE CRAB MELTS
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 small, round brioche or buttery dinner rolls, split crosswise
- 6 tablespoons truffle butter or unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 Granny Smith apple—quartered lengthwise, cored and thinly sliced crosswise
- Several dashes of hot sauce
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound lump crabmeat, picked over
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Gruyère cheese
- Preheat the broiler.
- Spread the cut sides of the brioche with the truffle butter and set on a baking sheet, cut sides up.
- Broil the rolls 6 inches from the heat, until toasted. Reduce the oven temperature to 400°.
- In a large bowl, mix the mayonnaise, red onion, parsley, lime juice, apple and hot sauce and season with salt and pepper.
- Fold in the crabmeat.
- Set the top halves of the rolls aside.
- Top the bottoms with the crab salad and sprinkle with the Gruyère.
- Bake in the upper third of the oven until the cheese is melted.
- Close the crab melts and serve.
- MAKE AHEAD The crab salad can be refrigerated overnight.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Foodie BabySee More
Chicken LinguineSee More