- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 small, round brioche or buttery dinner rolls, split crosswise
- 6 tablespoons truffle butter or unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 Granny Smith apple—quartered lengthwise, cored and thinly sliced crosswise
- Several dashes of hot sauce
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound lump crabmeat, picked over
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Gruyère cheese
- Preheat the broiler.
- Spread the cut sides of the brioche with the truffle butter and set on a baking sheet, cut sides up.
- Broil the rolls 6 inches from the heat, until toasted. Reduce the oven temperature to 400°.
- In a large bowl, mix the mayonnaise, red onion, parsley, lime juice, apple and hot sauce and season with salt and pepper.
- Fold in the crabmeat.
- Set the top halves of the rolls aside.
- Top the bottoms with the crab salad and sprinkle with the Gruyère.
- Bake in the upper third of the oven until the cheese is melted.
- Close the crab melts and serve.
- MAKE AHEAD The crab salad can be refrigerated overnight.
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
The Naked MacaronSee More
GINGERBREAD(LAURA INGALLS WILDER)
Boneless Roast Turkey Breast With Blueberry Salsa
Perfect Easter HamSee More