- Cooking Time: 8
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 20
- Olive Oil Spray
- 1 beef brisket, about 3 lbs after trimming
- Fresh Pepper to taste
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 bottle of Barolo Wine
- 2 shallots, each cut in half
- 1 packet of Stevia natural sugar substitute
- 2 pints of blueberries
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Spray an oven-proof baking dish with oil and place brisket in it.
- Put dish in the oven to sear the meat for 10 minutes.
- Lower oven to 195-200 degrees.
- Meanwhile, over medium flame, heat the wine, stevia and shallots until reduced by 1/4.
- Remove the shallots from the wine and add wine to baking dish.
- Add blueberries to dish.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 8 hours, basting after every 2 1/2 hours.
- Meat should be very tender. Add a touch of low sodium beef broth if wine looks like it's evaporating too much.
NotesI was looking for some "fancier" recipes to serve to guests. This one is very easy and you can ready the house, cook any side dishes and desserts while it's cooking! Brisket tastes best when cooked long and slow...
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
The Blue Family Favorites<3
Jesuit Tampa - Between Practice and HomeworkSee More
Fojos (Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes with Ancho Chili and Whipped Cream)
Crab And Shrimp Pasta
Graham Cracker Peanut Butter Balls (Truffles)See More