- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 to 5 pounds of broccoli (I just got two large bunches), cut into florets (but relatively big ones.)
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- zest of one lemon
- juice of one lemon
- 3 tbsp pine nuts or slivered almonds (roast with the broccoli)
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- wash and dry broccoli THOROUGHLY.
- Put the broccoli on a cookie sheet.
- Toss with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Now add garlic cloves and toss them in too.
- Roast in the oven 20 to 25 minutes, until "crisp-tender and the tips of some of the florets are browned."
- When it's done, take it out of the oven--zest a lemon over the broccoli, squeeze the lemon juice over the broccoli, add 1.5 Tbs more olive oil, 3 Tbs toasted pine nuts or almonds (I threw them on with the broccoli for the last 5 min or so to toast), and 1/3 cup of freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Notesbarefoot contessa via amateurgourmet
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Simple Homemade Favorites
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative CreationsSee More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More