- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 to 5 pounds of broccoli (I just got two large bunches), cut into florets (but relatively big ones.)
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- zest of one lemon
- juice of one lemon
- 3 tbsp pine nuts or slivered almonds (roast with the broccoli)
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- wash and dry broccoli THOROUGHLY.
- Put the broccoli on a cookie sheet.
- Toss with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Now add garlic cloves and toss them in too.
- Roast in the oven 20 to 25 minutes, until "crisp-tender and the tips of some of the florets are browned."
- When it's done, take it out of the oven--zest a lemon over the broccoli, squeeze the lemon juice over the broccoli, add 1.5 Tbs more olive oil, 3 Tbs toasted pine nuts or almonds (I threw them on with the broccoli for the last 5 min or so to toast), and 1/3 cup of freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Notesbarefoot contessa via amateurgourmet
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Italy or Bust
A Falcon FeastSee More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More