- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 TBSP Butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups fat free milk
- 8 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 3 broccoli crowns, including stems, chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1. Heat butter in a small nonstick saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; saute 3 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Sprinkle mixture with flour and pepper until flour is absorbed and starts to brown.
- 3. Add 2 cups fat free milk and cheese until cheese is melted and sauce is thickened. Set this sauce aside.
- 4. In a separate large saucepan, add broth and broccoli. Bring broccoli mixture to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium; cook 10 minutes.
- 5. Combine sauce and wine into large saucepan with broccoli mixture. Simmer until thoroughly warm and ready.
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Cooking for a family in Korea: notes of an ex-pat wifeSee More
Salade asiatique aux rabioles à la sauce thaïe
Pumpkin Chip Cupcakes
Breakfast CalzonesSee More