- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 TBSP Butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups fat free milk
- 8 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 3 broccoli crowns, including stems, chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1. Heat butter in a small nonstick saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; saute 3 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Sprinkle mixture with flour and pepper until flour is absorbed and starts to brown.
- 3. Add 2 cups fat free milk and cheese until cheese is melted and sauce is thickened. Set this sauce aside.
- 4. In a separate large saucepan, add broth and broccoli. Bring broccoli mixture to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium; cook 10 minutes.
- 5. Combine sauce and wine into large saucepan with broccoli mixture. Simmer until thoroughly warm and ready.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
Camp Nubar Baking Class
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Apricot Glazed Chicken Breasts
Blueberry Light MuffinsSee More