Broccoli And Cheese Soup
Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
2 TBSP Butter
1 cup chopped onion
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/3 cup flour
1/4 tsp black pepper
2 cups fat free milk
8 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
3 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
3 broccoli crowns, including stems, chopped
1/2 cup dry white wine
1. Heat butter in a small nonstick saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; saute 3 minutes or until tender.
2. Sprinkle mixture with flour and pepper until flour is absorbed and starts to brown.
3. Add 2 cups fat free milk and cheese until cheese is melted and sauce is thickened. Set this sauce aside.
4. In a separate large saucepan, add broth and broccoli. Bring broccoli mixture to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium; cook 10 minutes.
5. Combine sauce and wine into large saucepan with broccoli mixture. Simmer until thoroughly warm and ready.
Questions, Comments & Reviews
I don't see how much WINE to use... Would you assist me with this please. Thanks in advance, email@example.com