- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 TBSP Butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups fat free milk
- 8 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 3 broccoli crowns, including stems, chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1. Heat butter in a small nonstick saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; saute 3 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Sprinkle mixture with flour and pepper until flour is absorbed and starts to brown.
- 3. Add 2 cups fat free milk and cheese until cheese is melted and sauce is thickened. Set this sauce aside.
- 4. In a separate large saucepan, add broth and broccoli. Bring broccoli mixture to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium; cook 10 minutes.
- 5. Combine sauce and wine into large saucepan with broccoli mixture. Simmer until thoroughly warm and ready.
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
HKA Community Fair Recipes 2015
Camp Nubar Baking ClassSee More
Best Mediterranean Baked Stuffed Chicken
Melt Your Heart Pizza
Paleo Flank Steak with Chimichurri SauceSee More