- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Preheat oven to 350ºF
- 2 C. uncooked Minute Rice, wheat or white
- 2 C. uncooked broccoli
- 1 can of Cream of Chicken soup
- 2 C. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can of milk
- 1 ½ cooked chicken
- ½ C. onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 1 C. bread crumbs
- 1 stick of butter, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a nonstick skillet over medium heat, melt 3 tbsp of butter, add onion and garlic. Cook until transparent. Side aside.
- Coat baking dish with nonstick spray. In baking dish combine rice, soup, milk, broccoli, cooked chicken, cheese, onion/garlic mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Top with crumb topping
- Bake 60 minutes. 45 minutes covered, and the last 15 minutes uncovered.
- Crumb topping: Over medium heat, melt ½ butter in skillet slowly add bread crumbs. Cooked until combined and brown, about 3 minutes.
NotesThis is a great way to use left over turkey and it can be made healthy or not healthy. If you want it healthy use 98% fat free soup, low fat cheese, and wheat rice and omit the crumb topping.
I made this for a way to use up leftovers this year at Thanksgiving. It was a hit!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Adventures in Cooking
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Nick's PicksSee More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More