- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 6 servings
- Preparation Time: 10 min
- 1/4 cp. butter
- 1/4 cp. flour (all purpose)
- 3 cps. chicken broth (I use low-sodium one)
- 2 cps. milk
- 1 cp. half and half (low fat one)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. white pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 cps. broccoli florets (frozen and cooked according to pkg. directions)
- 1 small box velveeta
- 3 cps. sharp cheddar
- 1. In large pot or dutch oven, heat the butter, add the flour and reduce the heat.
- Cook 2 minutes.
- 2.Add the broth, milk, half and half,salt, pepper and garlic powder. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 3. Stir in the velveeta and cheddar and simmer on low until cheese is melted, and
- add the broccoli. Continue to simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
NotesThis is my favorite recipe for cheddar and broccoli soup. Love this when its cold outside, and its easy to make.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Social Cookbook
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Koken met OmaSee More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More