- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 6 servings
- Preparation Time: 10 min
BackstoryThis is my favorite recipe for cheddar and broccoli soup. Love this when its cold outside, and its easy to make.
- 1/4 cp. butter
- 1/4 cp. flour (all purpose)
- 3 cps. chicken broth (I use low-sodium one)
- 2 cps. milk
- 1 cp. half and half (low fat one)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. white pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 cps. broccoli florets (frozen and cooked according to pkg. directions)
- 1 small box velveeta
- 3 cps. sharp cheddar
- 1. In large pot or dutch oven, heat the butter, add the flour and reduce the heat.
- Cook 2 minutes.
- 2.Add the broth, milk, half and half,salt, pepper and garlic powder. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 3. Stir in the velveeta and cheddar and simmer on low until cheese is melted, and
- add the broccoli. Continue to simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Forever FOMO Cures: Photo & Cookbook from your Israeli Family
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Gluten Free Vietnamese Perogies
Campbell's Kitchen Slow Cooker Bacon Potato ChowderSee More