- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 8 cups fresh broccoli
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- 2.Place broccoli in steamer. Cook until tender, but firm ( approx 4-5 minutes). Drain thoroughly when complete.
- 3. In a medium sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add flour and cook until bubbly (stir while heating). Stir in chopped onions and then slowly add in milk. Bring mix to boil and cook for 1 minute. Take from heat. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir in eggs and cheese. mix well. Combine mixture with broccoli and place in 9 x 13 casserole dish.
- 4. Bake in oven for 30 minutes.
NotesFact #1 - Broccoli is my favorite food.
Fact #2 - I love easy to bake casseroles
Fact #3 - Cheese makes nearly everything better
Throw all the facts together and you get a delicious cheesy meal that will make the entire family happy. This is great for an upcoming holiday get-together or for potlucks of any type. Get creative and use a different cheese of choice. A mix of half broccoli and half cauliflower would be an interesting twist. I would love to hear how your version turned out.