- Cooking Time: 25
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 20
- 2 cups chickens, cooked and chopped
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dill weed, dried
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 (8 ounce) packages refrigerated crescent dinner rolls (see NOTE)
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten (optional)
- 2 tablespoons almonds, slivered (optional)
- Set oven at 375F.
- Combine chicken, broccoli, pepper, garlic, and cheese in mixing bowl.
- In another small bowl, combine mayonnaise with dill and salt.
- Stir mayonnaise mixture into chicken mixture.
- Unroll packages of crescent dough; do not separate.
- Arrange dough onto baking sheets to form a rectangle the length and width of the pan.
- Roll dough together to seal perforations.
- On longest side of baking sheet, cut dough into strips 1 1/2" apart and 3" deep using a pizza cutter (there will be 6" in center for filling).
- Spread filling evenly over middle of dough.
- To braid, lift strips of dough across mixture to meet in center, twisting each strip one turn, and then pinching together.
- Continue twisting and pinching strips to form a braid.
- Pinch ends together to seal at end of braid.
- If desired, brush egg white over dough and sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake for 25-28 minutes or until deep golden brown.
- NOTE:I mix up a batch of biscuit dough and roll it out about 1/4" thick in place of the crescents. It makes a heartier and delicious braid and saves me money.
NotesThis is from the DVO recipe center. The note at the bottom of the directions states homemade biscuit dough works just as well.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Lau Family Recipes
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake RecipeSee More
Pineapple-Black Bean Enchiladas
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Chicken RollupsSee More