- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 box of bowtie pasta
- 1 head fresh broccoli florets (frozen will work if you prefer)
- 1 pkg skinless/boneless chicken, cut in small pieces
- 1/2 bottle to 1 bottle pine nuts -also called Pignolia nuts (depending on how much you prefer)
- 4 - 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- EVOO (extra virgin olive oil - generous amt)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Saute the pine nuts in EVOO until golden to dark brown.
- Add chicken and cook till almost done then add the garlic; finish cooking chicken till white throughout.
- Boil broccoli until tender crisp (do not overcook); add to chicken mixture.
- Boil bowtie pasta; add to chicken mixture and salt and pepper to taste.
- Genereously add the EVOO as it is the base for this recipe.
- TIP: I usually get the broccoli and pasta going at the same time so it'll be ready when chicken is. This is a throw all together, quick, and easy dish. Enjoy.
NotesI made this up after tasting something similar at the Olive Garden that I loved.
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Jean’s Recipe File
Sauce du Jour Culinary Institution: where every crazy chef gets a sharp knifeSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More