- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time:
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 bunches broccoli, trimmed and coarsely chopped (about 8 cups)
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- In a large saucepan, saute celery and onion in butter until tender.
- Add the broccoli, broth, garlic salt and pepper; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45 minutes or until broccoli is tender.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth.
- Stir into soup.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Stir in cream; cook 10 minutes longer or until heated through.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Austin Personal Training Recipes
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can EnjoySee More
Smooth Tomato & Creamy Tofu Sauce