- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time:
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 bunches broccoli, trimmed and coarsely chopped (about 8 cups)
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- In a large saucepan, saute celery and onion in butter until tender.
- Add the broccoli, broth, garlic salt and pepper; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45 minutes or until broccoli is tender.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth.
- Stir into soup.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Stir in cream; cook 10 minutes longer or until heated through.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Sharing Christmas with Friends
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Curried Eggplant with Coconut Milk
Cube Steaks Paprika
Crockpot Rice Pork ChopsSee More