- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time:
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 bunches broccoli, trimmed and coarsely chopped (about 8 cups)
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- In a large saucepan, saute celery and onion in butter until tender.
- Add the broccoli, broth, garlic salt and pepper; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45 minutes or until broccoli is tender.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth.
- Stir into soup.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Stir in cream; cook 10 minutes longer or until heated through.
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Red Snapper Livornese
Beer Cheese in a Bread BowlSee More