- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis is one of my favorite salads!
- 1 pkg. real bacon pieces
- 6 broccoli crowns
- 1-2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 c. sunflower seeds
- grape tomatoes, cut in half (about a pint)
- 8 tbsp. vinegar
- 3/4 cup sugar (or to taste)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Chop broccoli into florets. Mix bacon and broccoli together in a large bowl. Add in the cheese, sunflower seeds, onion and tomatoes. In a separate bowl, mix together the vinegar, sugar and mayonnaise. Pour this mixture over the broccoli mixture and gently stir. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- I also added some garlic/pepper/salt seasoning and Accent to mayonnaise mixture.