- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 bunch broccoli
- 1 C cherry tomatoes, halved (I have used the grape tomatoes)
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 t grated onion
- 1 t sugar
- ½ t salt
- ¼ t dry mustard
- 2 T vinegar
- ½ C whipping cream (not already whipped!)
- Using just the broccoli flowerets, wash, drain and dry.
- Cut lengthwise into thin slices.
- Place in large salad bowl with halved tomatoes.
- Cook bacon till crisp.
- Drain onto paper towel.
- Sprinkle over broccoli.
- Pour out drippings keeping 2 T in skillet.
- Add onion; sauté 1 minute.
- Stir sugar, salt, dry mustard, vinegar and cream. Heat, stirring constantly, just to boiling.
- Pour over broccoli; toss lightly till evenly coated.
- Serve while warm.
NotesThis is from Woman’s day or Family Circle Circa late 1970s.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
GAES PTO Recipes
Italy or BustSee More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More