- Cooking Time: none
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes plus chilling
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 cup unsalted sunflower seeds (already shelled)
- 12 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 small onion, chopped (I like Vidalia or Red in this recipe)
- 1 cup mayonnaise (Dukes is my favorite)
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
Remove broccoli florets from stalk; discard stalk.
Chop florets into small bite sized pieces.
Put chopped broccoli florets in large mixing bowl, add sunflower seeds, onion and bacon.
In small mixing bowl, combine mayo, vinegar and sugar; mix well.
Pour dressing over broccoli and stir well to coat.
Chill at least 2 hours.