- Cooking Time: none
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes plus chilling
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 cup unsalted sunflower seeds (already shelled)
- 12 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 small onion, chopped (I like Vidalia or Red in this recipe)
- 1 cup mayonnaise (Dukes is my favorite)
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Remove broccoli florets from stalk; discard stalk.
- Chop florets into small bite sized pieces.
- Put chopped broccoli florets in large mixing bowl, add sunflower seeds, onion and bacon.
- In small mixing bowl, combine mayo, vinegar and sugar; mix well.
- Pour dressing over broccoli and stir well to coat.
- Chill at least 2 hours.
NotesI love the texture of this salad: the fresh crunch of raw broccoli and onion, the mild crunch of the sunflower seeds, the crisp crunch of the bacon. The flavor is great too, the sweetness of the dressing combines with the saltiness of the bacon. Yum!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MidLife Road Trip's
MetroCooking DC 2013
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More