- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 30 min
- 1-2 heads broccoli
- 1 cup of chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup red onions (optional)
- 1/2 cup raisins or craisins
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds unsalted
- 4-5 bacon strips cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 3 T apple cider vinegar
- Chop broccoli heads very small and don’t use stems. Chop green onions and red onions small. Mix sauce over broccoli, onions and raisins. Don’t add bacon until you are about to serve or else it will not be crispy. When you are about to serve add bacon and mix. Pour sunflower seeds on the top for decorations and don’t mix in.
- You can basically play around with the ingredients to make it the way you like it. You might like more bacon or raisins than what is called for. My suggestion is to never use bacon bits; it is just not the same as real bacon. Also let the mixture of sauce and broccoli sit for at least an hour prior to serving it will taste a lot better.
NotesI learned this recipe years ago at Thanksgiving from a friend. I make this all the time when I need to bring a dish to a party. People love this salad, everything goes together well. This is one of my best salad recipes.
I kinda wing this recipe and add as much as I want of each item. If is seems to dry just add more sauce.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & SmoothiesSee More
GLUTEN-FREE FLOUR BLEND
Peanut Butter Cups
White Chocolate and Cranberry CookiesSee More